Friday, April 25, 2008

Rage Against a Tired Throat

Pending thoughts: The first of two bad weeks is over. Praise the Lord!

I said I would put on here my top 25 albums and would have except I couldn't find the paper on which they were printed on... I think I have top 10 in my head and I know 25-20... I think. I don't know, I'm a nut all the time. I remake this list every year and I already have some additions. The reason I put this together came when my sister put together verbally her top 25 songs. I can't do that, art is not as objective as theology or science and its hard to say which Arcade Fire song on "Funeral" would necessarily stand out.

25) ISIS: Panopticon
24) Ryan Adams: Love is Hell
23) Blindside: The Great Depression
22) Living Sacrifice: The Hammering Process
21) Jars of Clay: Who We Are Instead
20) Radiohead: Kid A
19) Wilco: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18) Mastodon: Blood Mountain
17) The Mars Volta: De-Loused in Commatorium
16) Radiohead: Amnesiac
15) Arcade Fire: Neon Bible
14) mewithoutYou: Catch For Us the Foxes
13) Project 86: Drawing Black Lines
12) Norma Jean: Bless the Martyr, Kiss the Child
11) Sufjan Stevens: Greetings From Michigan, the Great Lake State
10) The Juliana Theory: Emotion is Dead
9) Neutral Milk Hotel: In the Aeroplane, Over the Sea
8) ZAO: Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest
7) Thrice: Vheissu
6) Arcade Fire: Funeral
5) Sufjan Stevens: Come On and Feel the Illinoise!
4) Radiohead: OK Computer
3) David Crowder*Band: A Collision
2) ZAO: Liberate Te Ex Inferis (Save Yourself From Hell)
1) mewithoutYou: Brother, Sister

Possible Additions**/Honorable Mentions
At the Drive-In: Relationship of Command
Coldplay: Parachutes
David Crowder*Band: Illuminate
He Is Legend: Suck Out the Poison
Thrice: The Artist in the Ambulance
Thrice: The Alchemy Index Volumes: I-IV
ZAO: Funeral of God
The Beatles: Abbey Road**
The Beach Boys: Pet Sounds**
Interpol: Turn On the Bright Lights**
Rage Against the Machine: The Battle of Los Angeles**

No comments: